Friday, June 24, 2011

TOP DOWN

HEY!   Here's the first post of my blog, Julie's World.  Can't wait to share with you, my escapades & the great cast of characters in my life!
Yesterday, speaking to a friend in the clothing biz, she mentioned Leisure Suits.  My mind went immediately to OMG, that's for old folks... over 50!   Pause...WAIT...That's me, I'm over 50!  I realized then that I don't feel it, at least not in attitude.  50 is not old!
Today, sitting out by our pool w/ Jake, our dog, listening to our 200 CD player on random, a great song came on that spoke of youth & "In the Zone" & summer & had such a great groove.  I met the talented singer, songwriter, Alina Smith, at one of John's gigs last month in Hollywood.  Boy, was she great!  The song is titled "Top Down" & it's my new summer song!

4 comments:

richardrossner said...

Hey...I'm over 50. Guess I'd better "suit up." (If I could only remember where I threw out those leisure suits!)

I enjoyed your post, Julie! And I love the thought of your "summer song." It reminded me of a special mix I did a few years ago. It is only songs I play in the summer...usually at dusk...with the volume kinda low...and a beer or vodka and lime on the rocks in hand. Ah, summer!

Julie Maxey Zipperer said...

Hey Richard! I love Summer & i love "Summer Song"... I think it started along time ago with Philadelphia Freedom... many since then, Doo Whoop (Hanson)...Days Go By (Keith Urban), All Summer Long (Kid Rock!). In fact, I got a speeding ticket listening to Days Go By w/ my top down, doing 5o or so in 35 Zone...I just had to go faster!!
Your reference to a cocktail in the evening has me thinking of the days of wine coolers!! Cheap white wine w/ 7up & Orange Juice & fruit! Good Stuff!
Peace, Julie
(I'm excited that you liked my post, thank you!)

Jeanne Hartman said...

Julle, I think inside our head and heart we stop aging at a certain time.
JEANNE

Anonymous said...

In some cases (Mine) that age is five.
JohnZ